- JOTI coincided with Apple Day which is a major fund raiser for our group. As a result this put a bit of a crimp in scheduling an event around JOTI. I had hoped to see if there was an Internet connection at our meeting hall and Apple Day coordination centre but wasn't able to do so.
- The second challenge was setting up a computer and test the requisite chat software to ensure it operated correctly. Again, time and other commitments were the enemy.
- I fell back to e-mail and web chat. I found the web chat software to be finicky. At one point I seemed to be connected but out of channel where no one could hear me.
- e-mail using the station lookup proved reliable but far less interactive than the full JOTI experience promised.
- Dalyellup Scouts in Western Australia, here. Hi Joanne.
- Palmerston North Scouts in New Zealand, here. Hi Penny, Harry, William and Edward
- 243rd Tuscany Scouts in Alberta Canada, here. Hi Aklea Scott.
- Oulu Finland, here. Hi Andrew.
- AVSC in Padua Italy, here. Hi Ugo.
- 9th Benoni in South Africa, here. Hi Joy and Peter.
Also, some of the groups may not have yet had a chance to reply to the messages but should be able to find me through this web site's E-mail Me widget.
Unfortunately, the JOTI search stations / send message doesn't cc you back. If you don't keep track of who you said hi to - you could be out of luck.