Khan Scope Centre will be running a beginners telescopeworkshop presentation.
This event is at the Ontario Science Centre located at 770 Don Mills Road (at the corner of Eglinton Avenue East) Toronto, Ontario.
Celebrate the 40th anniversary of the Apollo Moon landing and the 400th anniversary of Galileo’s astronomical use of the telescope! This free festival of events includes:
- A special presentation, The Apollo 11 landing - and how it nearly failed
- A model of the Saturn V rocket
- Telescope observing of Saturn and other night sky objects with members of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada
- Live Apollo-themed electronic music and movies
- Telescope workshops for beginners
- Astronomy displays and demonstrations.
Imperial Oil Auditorium ~ Speaker: Randy Attwood, Space Historian
Forty years ago this July 20,the first men landed on the Moon. How close did Armstrong and Aldrincome to failing to make this first landing? Closer than you may think.
A long list of human mistakes, poor design and just the unknowns oflanding in the lunar environment made the 12 minute descent a hairraising adventure which more than once nearly forced the lunarexplorers to call off the landing attempt and return home as footnotesto history.
9:30 pm ~ Stargazing 101 - Learn How to Use your Telescope
Do you have or are you planning on getting a telescope? Experts from KhanScope Centre will explain how to get the most out of your telescope!Learn some of the tips and tricks that make using an astronomicaltelescope easy.
Weather Permitting, Telescopes will also be set up for Astronomical Viewing.