I have written about this previously, here.
A new link from the Richmond Hill Naturalists can be found here. They have set up an online petition.
- The text and form can be found here. The signature form is at the bottom of the petition text page.
Please add your voice!
An satellite view of the site is available here.
Some of the issues include:
- While light pollution has been cited as crippling the scope, observations are made using instruments that see light that is outside the range people can see.
- While the telescope cannot see to the edges of the universe like larger and more modern scopes, it can continue to do useful research.
- The disposition of the telescope is uncertain and may be left up to the buyer.
- The site is considered historical by many, including possible archeological interest.
- The site is also of environmental interest.